Friday 21 June 2013

MY NEIGHBOURHOOD HISTORY WALKS STARRED IN THIS DOCUMENTARY BY JANELLE HUOPALAINEN


Image is screen capture from Janelle Huopalainen's documentary TIME TRAVELER
A few weeks ago, the night before I was to do one of my West End history Walks, a young documentarian named Janelle Huopalainen contacted me, asking if she could come along and film the tour. 

She wanted to enter the resulting film in a 24 Hour Film Contest. I am totally blown away by what she was able to pull together in such a short time... What I was really delighted to see come through was my passion for Vancouver's history and heritage, especially as it is expressed in our city's old houses. 

Our old houses are touchstones to our neighbourhoods' histories.  When we knock down our old houses, we uproot ourselves... disconnect ourselves from our past... and that for me is not a good thing. 

So let's take a walk back in time. Through this link I am delighted to present Janelle's Documentary, TIME TRAVELER
Image is screen capture from Janelle Huopalainen's documentary TIME TRAVELER
 

No comments:

Post a Comment